Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASP and apache

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigroute40

bigroute40

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

Im trying use both php and Asp/ASP.NET together does anyone know of a way that can be configured on Apache, without IIS I have done it in the past but I had windows xp pro , now I have xp home and was wondering if its even possible all of my searches have turned with me Loading a aspDotNet_mod to my httpd config , but I am not able to get it to work I can see the scripts when I try to load the pages in a browser. I have the PhP portion pretty down pat should I just let go of Asp/ASP.NET and stay with php

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:32 AM

should I just let go of Asp/ASP.NET and stay with php

I am not sure how to answer that. Sure, you could just give up and use PHP, or you could research why your ASP mod is not working and then use asp. We have no way of knowing your goals, therefore have no way to know what you should or should not do.

Edited by groovicus, 27 January 2011 - 10:37 AM.

#3 bigroute40

bigroute40
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

Thanks Groove you basically said go head and give up and become a quitter ..lol Jkng I found out the problem
bad configuration in Httpd file after doing a little more troubleshooting and checking the server errors I was able to locate the problem

As for what Im trying to do. I am just trying determine which is the better/easier language to use. I can possibly do more of the same with each but none the less your response made me look further.
so I will keep on learning both

Thanks again

.......Nothing Said says a lot

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:34 AM

Neither one is easier than the other, and personally I don't know what 'best' means. Best could mean easiest to write, best could mean easy to read, best could mean compact, best could mean a good online API, best could mean lots of tutorials,etc. Without knowing specifically what you want, we could literally spend hours trying to guess. :)

Typically if you want a good answer, you have to let people know what you want to do. "I am learning how to make dynamic web pages using the Microsoft stack.I have tried doing X, Y, and Z, and I expected A to happen. What really happened was B, and I am not sure what to do next. Can I accomplish A using the Microsoft stack, or is there an alternative that is more suited to my task?"

Edited by groovicus, 27 January 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#5 bigroute40

bigroute40
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:08 AM

Typically if you want a good answer, you have to let people know what you want to do. "I am learning how to make dynamic web pages using the Microsoft stack.I have tried doing X, Y, and Z, and I expected A to happen. What really happened was B, and I am not sure what to do next. Can I accomplish A using the Microsoft stack, or is there an alternative that is more suited to my task?"

That just it , Im not sure what Im trying to do but I see your point , I am trying to learn how to build dynamic web pages, Using Apache web server as I started out with php and mysql I wanted to try to do some of the forms with Asp. Although the PHP scripts worked and at first the asp worked but now its giving me a Denied access 402.1 error for my asp pages and scripts only. I checked the the web.conf file as well as the httpd.conf file and I do not see any errors in the errorlog. any idea is there any other info you may hneed to help out ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users