Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from Win7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sudsy

sudsy

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

This is from the notebook after upgrading ti Win7 Home Premium. All seems ok except I can't seem to get my M$ Outlook to work. Anybody else had this problem? I have waited thru all the updates and can't launch my Outlook program.

S
UFO pilot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

Have you been getting any error messages when you try to run it? and have you tried uninstalling/then reinstalling outlook? some pointers:

1 Try holding down the Ctrl key as you start Outlook to make it start in Safe Mode.
2 Try creating a new Mail Profile in Control Panel | Mail.
3 You can't have two versions of Outlook on the same PC (unless you are using the Home & Business edition of Office 2010 Beta which is virtualised using the new Click to Run technology.)

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Well actually I had to call M$ on this one. I needed to run the updates again for my Office 2003 pkg and bring it up to SP3. Then several other updates to do. Then re-ran the transfer wizard and all is well. I am going to run this machine on Win7 for a week or so before I do the others.

Let me ask this:

Can I use the files that I created on the external HDD to set up the new Netbook? I would be happy with a clone. I also have a usb transfer cable would that be the way to go?
UFO pilot

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

I dont have much experience with cloning, but from what I hear it works very well with restoring a computer. However, if your using it to set up a new computer however, if you dont have 2 windows license keys-you may have a problem as thats against copyright laws. If both computers are licensed with the same version of windows, I dont see a probem though, you can change license keys from inside windows, and as far as the data cable is concerned, it should work-but Im not sure, perhaps if someone else here has more experience with this sort of thing.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

Thanks and yes I bought a "Family Pack" of Win7. I can upgrade all three of my machines with the license
UFO pilot

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

<<I can upgrade all three of my machines with the license>>

Just to clarify...yes, you can install either version (32-bit or 64-bit) of Win 7 on 3 different systems, with the family pack, using the same license. I purchased one last year, no problems installing or activating on any system.

Just a note...there is no real upgrade going from XP...the result will be a clean install of Windows 7.

Louis

#7 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

Thanks Louis Yes I understand that also. This is the first of three machines I am doing. I am waiting for a new RAM stick for the next one which is the new one. I am going to hang back on the desktop till I see how I like this OS.

Once I figured it out the transfer Wizard worked nicely.
UFO pilot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users