Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, from ComputerHate.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kbconsul

kbconsul

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

I'm new to BleepingComputer.com; I'm stumped by a virus issue and I figured I'd ask you guys before I punt.. but here's more about me... (ken@computerhate.com)....

Why do I call my website the "I Hate My Computer" website? Why is my web address www.ComputerHate.com? Do I mean "hate" in the context, "I hate evil empires," or in a similar vein as "I hate broccoli?" Or perhaps, "I hate people who hate other people," (my favorite bumper sticker)?

How about this: "I hate having a wonderful tool that has so much potential to streamline my business or improve my life, and not being able to use it effectively." "I hate not having my computer network work the way I expect it to." Maybe youíve said, "I hate computer consultants who speak in esoteric phrases and terms that only other computer professionals can understand (and maybe not even then)."

Perhaps youíve only had an indescribably wonderful computing experience. If so, I want to use you as the subject of my new book, "Perfect Technology in a Perfect World." (Oh, wait; Bill Gates has that title under copyright already.)

I recently sold the retail component of my business in Western Montana in anticipation of relocating to the beautiful Palm Beach area. (We love the summers in Montana, but my wife doesnít do well there in the winter.) Weíre planning on maintaining a year-round presence here.

I set up my consulting business in the North Palm Beach area, providing consulting services to small businesses and individuals. I recommend specifications for system purchases (I do NOT sell any computer hardware), troubleshoot application and operating system problems with Windows and Macintosh computers, set up local and wide area networks, configure Internet access, broadband connections, configure firewalls and provide other services. Nearly all of my work is done onsite at customersí locations.

In addition, I have extensive experience in marketing and advertising, both in print media and in marketing my own business and businesses I have managed.

As you can see from the information here, I have a broad base of skills. I owned two businesses in Western Montana: A computer consulting business and a small music store and rental business. I also do sound contracting, writing, teaching (computer and music), graphics design, and advertising composition. I also am a professional musician.

Iíve been working with computers for a little while. When I finished my college computer classes in 1982, the first model of the IBM PC had just arrived in our computer lab (two 5 ľ floppy disks, no hard drive, no graphics, $4000). Iíve been working with the PC (and Macintosh) ever since, through years with the state of Oregon, doing custom programming, systems integration, managing a couple of computer stores, and just about every else to do with PCs. Unlike many of my peers (my computer training was mostly with IBM mainframes) I didnít camp on any specific technology but strived to keep up with the current trends (I donít usually recommend "bleeding edge" technology however).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users