Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't uninstall Lexmark P3150 Printer

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rraa497

rraa497

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

I got a Lexmark p3150 All In One printer from my mother-in-law but she did not have a disk with it. I went and downloaded a driver for it but i could never get it to work. Now I have tried to uninstall it but it doesn't even show up in Add/Remove programs. It does show up in Programs and on my taskbar(lower right corner). I am using Windows XP. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks
Ryan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

Hello, try this first. We can also edit it out of the Registry ,but we'll do that OMLY if need to.
Revo Uninstaller:

Please download the Revo Uninstaller to your desktop.

Note ---> Scroll down the page and be sure to download the "freeware" version not the "30d fully functional free trial, called Proffessional"

• Double click Revo.exe to install and run.
  • Highlight XXXX.
  • Choose Uninstall.
  • Are you sure - Yes
  • Mode - Advanced
  • Are you sure - Yes
  • Initial Uninstall - Next
  • Scanning for leftovers - Next
  • Check the bolded box only!!!! <--- Important!!
  • Delete
  • Yes
  • Finish

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rraa497

rraa497
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

It does not show up in Revo when I run it.

#4 rraa497

rraa497
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

How do I go about deleting this from the registry?

Thanks

#5 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

Have tried using hunter mode?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

If you go to C:\Program Files\name of HP printer folder containing the program is there a file anywhere in there named unins or similar?

#7 rraa497

rraa497
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

Revo uninstaller hunter mode says "No Installation Package Found try to uninstall it manually C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbraiox.exe" When I find that file and double click on it a window pops up and says "The driver is not installed. Please reinstall your driver." I have been to Lexmarks website and downloaded the driver from there but this is what I always come to..

#8 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbraiox.exe"

So there is no file named C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\unins or similar? Have you checked all sub-folders in C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series ?

Is the printer still shown in the Printer and Faxes folder?

This is a USB connected printer correct? Did you install the software first then connect the printer or did you first connect the printer prior to installing the software?

Edited by ThunderZ, 29 January 2011 - 09:29 PM.

#9 rraa497

rraa497
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

No the printer does not show up in printer and faxes

I downloaded the driver from lexmark and from driverscollection.com? both were the same download

I had to plug in the printer first for it to start the install.

The only file I could find is lxbrun5c.exe (Printer Driver Uninstall)
When I double click on it it does nothing.

#10 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

Ok. So this is a USB printer(?).

When you say you had to plug in the printer for it to start the install, you started the install of the driver download and was prompted to connect the printer?

If you go to Device Manager are any printers or unknown devices reflected?

#11 rraa497

rraa497
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

Yes it is a USB printer

After I downloaded the driver and started the install it said that the connection to the printer was not found. Once I plugged it in then it went through.

When I open the device manager it showed up under imaging devices but when I uninstalled it from there everything stayed the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users