Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CarloLT

CarloLT

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

Hello,

This my first time on any forum.Please advise if my approach is not correct.

My operating system is Windows XP. I use google and have an 80 GB hardrive.I have a redirect virus that started when I downloaded Antivirus2010 in December of 2010. I have opened up and cleaned out my PC of dust... cleaned the registry, defragged and optimized and painstakingly removed any and all files and software that I felt were redundant.I have made a number of attempts at trying to remove the virus including,Malewarebytes,combofix,Eset,vundofix,fixvundo,Hitman pro 3.5 to name a few. Many times I have scanned 10 to 15 times. I did most scans in safe mode. The virus seems to disappear then resurface on startup. I have GMER logs, Comofixlogs, and OTL logs... which are meaningless to me.

Can you give me a sense of the direction I should be taking... Can it be removed?

Thank you

CarloLT

Edited by hamluis, 22 January 2011 - 03:25 PM.
Moved from introductions to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hello, you did fine except I don't beleive that is the correct malware name. But anyway as you have run ComboFix we now need to see that,GMER and a DDS log.
Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it and the other 2 in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.

Let me know if that went well.

EDIT ...may as well include OTL.

Edited by boopme, 22 January 2011 - 08:33 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users