Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Antivirus Scan" Malware Infection Need Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mateo_mateo

mateo_mateo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Hi There. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop circa 2006, that has a bad malware infection called "Antivirus Scan." I am running XP Pro 2002. The machine is not a big loss, but I want to be able to clean the infection and recover the files. The system is paralyzed, won't let me access programs or functions except IE to go to their website to purchase "Antivirus Scan." I read this is a known malware infection, if you buy the software then blue screen after that. "Windows" alerts keep popping up about a malicious malware infection on my system, and the only function that is active is to go to their website. Obviously I am writing from a different system. What I want is to download a virus removal program and burn it to disc. The USB ports on my Dell are blocked by the virus, and I figure I need to boot directly from a disc. I just want to recover my files. I don't care if the hard drive is toast.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

Take a look here: Remove Antivirus Scan (Uninstall Guide)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users