Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting Rid of Palladium Pro with MalwareBytes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sutefu

sutefu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

Dear All,

Good evening! I wonder if you can help me. Recently my PC (Windows Office XP) has become infected with Palladium Pro. Through Google search engine I found your website's advice regarding the uninstallation of this virus: My link

Most of the directions I followed without any problem. I did exactly as instructed up until the installation on malwarebytes'; I installed the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware programme and ran a full scan: it came up with 5 infections, a notepad log of the scan which stated that there was one remaining infection uncleared, and a box saying it required a reboot to deal with the problem. As instructed at your link, I allowed my PC to reboot.
When I logged back on, the very same red warning box "Malware detected" box popped up, as it had done at the beginning of the Palladium Pro problem. In your advice, at point 22, you said "Once your computer has rebooted, and you are logged in, please continue with the rest of the steps." Could you please inform me what the rest of these steps are? I'm not sure if it was supposed to, but nothing happened automatically when I logged back on. I rescanned my PC with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and it discovered one remaining infection.

The results were as such
Vendor: Trojan.Dropper. Catergory: File. Item: c:\documents and settings\networkservice\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\1VQ4AOLK\dm11{1}.exe. Other: - . Action Taken: No action taken.

Again, it required a reboot to get rid of the file. When I rebooted, it asked if I wanted to start Windows normally of in safe mode. Which ever option I chose led to a blue screen looking something like a crash, and then a return to the start windows normally option. I was only able to start my computer properly through the safe mode, and when I did, the red warning box saying "Malware detected" was still there!

Any advice you could give me at all would be very useful indeed. I'm sure you can tell that I'm not very tech savvy at all, so the simplest language may be best ;-)
Thanks everyone!
Sutefu

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

Hello your link is broken, but I feel you are using the wrong guide as stepp 22 is different here..
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-palladium-pro

Try again please and psot your MBAM log thanks.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.

Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users