Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

undestroyable search engine redirect

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 the_great_choda

the_great_choda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

this is my first post at bleepingcomputer. yes i've already perused multiple posts to try and remedy this problem on my own. i have an undetectable search engine redirect. i've done a lot of research on these. so far i've tried : AVG Antivirus, Norton Antivirus, Ad-Aware, PC Tools Antivirus, and a few other programs all unable to detect or remove. i finally broke down, backed everything up on dvd's, and formatted my c: drive. everything was back to normal for a few weeks. it's not as severe as before the format (lost digital signatures and active mixer device), but it's persistent. firefox seemed to be worse so i'm currently using IE. yahoo search results redirect through several sites: Admarketplace, 77323.123bounce.com, premium_.as3.amazonaws.com to name a few, the latter requesting i take a "30 seconds test". on IE i also get popups from something like "googleanalytics.com". i know moderators are busy, i hope one of you can help me out when you get a chance. thanks in advance...

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users