Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to tell if MB and PSU are compatible

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DerBear89

DerBear89

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

is there a clear cut way to tell if my diablotek 750w and my Intel DH55HC are compatible.
I got another one of these psu and motherboards sent to me after a failure by one of them i just want to make sure they are
compatible before i put them to work again.

psu
+5, +3.3v, 12v1 12v2, -12v, +5v5b
28a, 25a, 27a, 27a, .5a, 2.0a

edit: by the way Diablotek are terrible business men and I will not be buying from them again.
- low communication
- didn't follow their own return instructions
- no tracking numbers
- did not get everything I sent back

Edited by DerBear89, 21 January 2011 - 01:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

Yes, they should be compatable, but that being said I wouldn't even let a Diablotek PSU in the same room with anything I own. Diabloteks are notorious for failing, and taking other components with them. Put the Diablotek on Ebay and get a proper power supply.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

I would agree with Dpunisher, Id get rid of it and get a good Coolermaster, antec or Corsair PSU.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 DerBear89

DerBear89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

That makes sense since both the mb and psi failed they both sent replacements I'll give it another go first

#5 DerBear89

DerBear89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:42 AM

finally fixed my comp. two days ago but it is still having the same problem as when it was working. it randomly shuts off with no warning or bsod.

its not the power supply
its not the motherboard
its not the processor
its not the drivers
not the video card
not over heating

these things i know for sure because if i didn't test it, the items have just recently been replaced... like 2 days ago

i honestly have no i other ideas as to what it could be. i uninstalled a bunch of programs and tried other suggestions nothing seems to work!! no matter what
when i least expect it POOFF!! goes off like someone tripped over the cord..
correction it make a big EERRRRRRRRRRRR noise for about a second then turns off. dont no how else to spell a noise but there it is.

anyone have any idea?! this is sort of driving me mad. i have tried to have a lot of patience with this computer cause i built it myself but i have my limits.

Edited by hamluis, 27 January 2011 - 09:32 AM.
Merged with original post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users