Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help overclocking i5 750.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hoki

Hoki

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

so i was planning to overclock my processor which is i5 750. i read few posts on other forums (found with google) but none of those topics didnt really help, so how do i overclock a processor ? and what is the max temperature i5 750 can handle (made google searches and it said 72C or something, dont know if its right). i have made a test with the "intel burn test" with high setting and the max temps i got was 63-66 celsius (i have arctic cooling freezer 7 pro rev.2 instead of stock cooler).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

Is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 the only cooling solution you have implemented?

How many other fans do you have?

How far are you wanting to overclock your processor?

Do you know what you're getting yourself into?
for3ver,
goose90proof

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

That is the big question.

You are aware Hoki that you stand a chance of toasting your :flamethrower: system. At the very least possibly voiding the warranty if it is still covered by one.

#4 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

I am very new to overclocking but I am a math buff, which makes it very easy for me :)

I will not be able to directly advise you on the matter simply because I do not have enough experience. However, I would suggest that you visit www.overclockers.com and consult the awesome O.C. pros there. They are very friendly and helpful.

Be prepared to do some of the legwork yourself. They will help you get started but they are not going to hold your hand forever. Overclocking is after all a personal venture that you'll have to explore most of yourself.
for3ver,
goose90proof

#5 Hoki

Hoki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 the only cooling solution you have implemented?

How many other fans do you have?

How far are you wanting to overclock your processor?

for processor it is the only cooling solution. one of my friends that know something about overclocking said that the processor should handle up to 4ghz with the current cooler (and with the google searches i made, some guy managed to get up to that with cooler that is about same in performance than mine) and i found some help with google and i tried it, but the BIOS options didnt allow me to overclock over 3,2ghz (for some reason the AI overclock tuner had only some i7 stuff at 2,7ghz and 2,9ghz and some crazy option at 3,2ghz but in the thread i read it had manual) should i update BIOS or something ? i got my computer about year ago (custom built) and havent updated BIOS even there is few updates for it by now.

oh and i know the risks of overclocking so need to tell me about it again :P

PS: this post might look crazy since i edited it a few times while writing and i dont speak english as my primary language so if you dont understand something, make a reply and ask. any help is appreciated though

#6 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

My cousin has the i5 760 and i overclocked it for him to 3.20Ghz using the giant Thermaltake Frio running at max speed.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users