Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear Router Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ric9pul

Ric9pul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

I have a similar problem only different. :o) I have a netgear wireless router that will drop the ipconfig address and not work until power cycled also. This seems to happen after the laptop comes out of sleep mode most often. It will work correctly until the unit goes into hibernation??? If you lift the lid the computer starts normally. I'm not quite sure what is going on in the background. I have read some stuff on noise might be causing this issue but not how to test and resolve it. Any ideas from the forum will be taken down and use to convict the guilty party. ;)

Ric9pul

Edited by Ric9pul, 17 January 2011 - 02:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Desion

Desion

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

I have a similar problem only different. :o) I have a netgear wireless router that will drop the ipconfig address and not work until power cycled also. This seems to happen after the laptop comes out of sleep mode most often. It will work correctly until the unit goes into hibernation??? If you lift the lid the computer starts normally. I'm not quite sure what is going on in the background. I have read some stuff on noise might be causing this issue but not how to test and resolve it. Any ideas from the forum will be taken down and use to convict the guilty party. ;)

Ric9pul

Yea, you got to restart your computer after it resumes from sleep mode in order to connect to the internet.
Interesting Links:
Softpedia - Online downloads encyclopedia
W3Schools - Website Programming Tutorials
PC World - Everything about technology
Wikipedia - Online Encyclopedia
Photobucket - Free Image Hosting

"I don't support network bridges, they support me."

#3 Nate15329

Nate15329

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

Or run cmd and type "ipconfig /release" (without qoutes), then after that type "ipconfig /renew" (without qoutes)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users