Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dpkmaster

dpkmaster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

Hi,

I've Windows 7 x86 Ultimate(fully updated) and Windows XP SP3. My AV is AVG Free and Windows Defender. Both didnt return any suspicious files in C: scan.

The current problem is in Win7 and it seems that I've been infected by the redirect virus. Whenever I click on any link from a search(any engine), it redirects to some malicious sites. Sometimes even copying n pasting the link doesn't work. The problem is acute with Chrome but not so with Firefox(same with IE). I've been having this for the past week, I had tried googling and found the TDSSkiller latest version 4.1.... I scanned twice with no result and it returns only one suspicious object-sptd.sys in win32 folder. I googled it to find that it was a system file. So I left it as it was. But this day, I found the problem to be completely fixed with Firefox running without any redirects. But Chrome failed to launch any site at all. Moreover, Win7 was taking longer to load. So I ran TDSSKiller again and this time it found some TDSS file (together with the system file) and I quarantined it. I restarted and found that the booting times were still long. So I ran the app again and this time also it found the same files. So I cured it and restarted it later to find that the redirect virus had cropped up again in all browsers. When I ran TDSSKiller again, the infected file was not found and only sptd.sys was returned as a suspicious file. Am I really infected?(and do I need to move this post to the malware removal forums?)

Edited by dpkmaster, 21 January 2011 - 05:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpkmaster

dpkmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

anybody there???

or do i need to move the post??? waiting impatiently for reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users