Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Camp 3.0...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow_Sheik

Shadow_Sheik

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:14 AM

...does not exist.

Okay. Here's my problem:

I just finished installing Windows 7 using Boot Camp on my '08 unibody Macbook. All the hardware works. I can see and hear things. The trackpad and keyboard work just fine. However, I would like to be able to see my Mac HD stuff outside this partition.

So I tried running the Snow Leopard disc and the original OS disc like the Apple site said to install Boot Camp 3. Didn't work. Instead, it brought up some nonsense about OS X remote installation and CD/DVD sharing. When I tried to run it manually deeper than the manual set up file, the computer informs me that I have to run Boot Camp using the setup.exe file. There's nowhere online to download it, and I've checked for duplicated drivers, unupdated drivers... the lot of it.

What must I do in order to install Boot Camp 3.0?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 715 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

To update the Boot Camp drivers for Windows:

Restart your Mac using Windows.

Click the Boot Camp icon in the system tray and choose About Boot Camp.

If the version is 3.0 or later, use Apple Software Update to check for updated drivers.

If the version is earlier than 3.0, insert your Mac OS X version 10.6 installation disc. When the installer starts, click Repair.

If you have a MacBook Air, insert the disc into a compatible external optical drive connected directly to your computer.

How did you exactly try running the SL disc?

#3 Shadow_Sheik

Shadow_Sheik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

To update the Boot Camp drivers for Windows:

Restart your Mac using Windows.

Click the Boot Camp icon in the system tray and choose About Boot Camp.

If the version is 3.0 or later, use Apple Software Update to check for updated drivers.

If the version is earlier than 3.0, insert your Mac OS X version 10.6 installation disc. When the installer starts, click Repair.

If you have a MacBook Air, insert the disc into a compatible external optical drive connected directly to your computer.

How did you exactly try running the SL disc?

Instead, it brought up some nonsense about OS X remote installation and CD/DVD sharing. When I tried to run it manually deeper than the manual set up file, the computer informs me that I have to run Boot Camp using the setup.exe file.

The Boot Camp installer will not start. It doesn't initiate automatically, nor can I initiate it manually by navigating my way through the files on the disc.

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 715 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

Something from here or here might help you.

Edited by Buddyme2, 21 January 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#5 Shadow_Sheik

Shadow_Sheik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

Something from here or here might help you.

Neither of those were of any help either. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users