Hello! About a week ago, Chrome died on my computer- I kept getting the "Kill Page" message. I switched to IE, and it worked for a little...but then BSODs started occurring, citing "iastor" as the offending thingamajig. I eventually realized that BSODs were occurring most when using IE, less with Safari, and less still w/ Firefox. I came to this site after I was taking a test online for a college course and it BSOD'ed me- causing me to get an automatic "0" on the test. I have run MalwareBytes and AVG at least a dozen times apiece, only 3 or 4 of these times successfully, as the BSODs continue to romp unchecked. I found TDSSkiller on my computer (by some act of Providence) and ran it. It found "TLD4" or something to that extent. I downloaded Combofix, but have done nothing with it. I don't want to blow a wad (of cash) on another computer over a potentially repairable problem without exhausting all avenues of repair. You, my friends, are my last ditch.
To give you an idea of my computer literacy, I work with Excel daily (but am completely self-taught and likely ignorant of many features/applications/tools), use the internet regularly, and have just
started to learn C# from my brother.
Edited by jdtuttle, 20 January 2011 - 09:43 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.