Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I seem to be infected by a trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeK24

MikeK24

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hello all,

Well I seem to have a trojan of some sort that will NOT go away. I have run scans with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware.. But have had no luck in removing this annoyance.

SuperAntiSpyware finds and removes "Trojan.Generic/Download" or something of that nature.. But upon restart, the same problems seem to persist.

Either the system will take FOREVER to fully load windows, or it will just hang in suspension after windows originally opens. Also, a link opens randomly from

pcspeedmaximizer.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html that says "errors are detected in my registry", and an option to download "registry cleaner" (YEAH RIGHT).

Anyways, I am running out of ideas of what to do here.. So I am definitely leaning to you guys for help. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MikeK24

MikeK24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

Well upon reading a thread with someone else who had the EXACT same problem.. I believe I may have finally gotten rid of this bug!

Kasperky TDSSKiller found a rootkit and removed it.. Everything seems to be kosher again finally!

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users