Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Scan. Completed Self-Help But Still Infected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Whatever James

Whatever James

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

I am running windows vista and a couple months back I got the Antivirus Action and used the guides here to rid the problem successfully. Twice. Thanks for the guides.

I got Antivirus Scan now and I went through the steps in the guide for this issue. Unfortunately I am still infected. I have tried the process again, however RKill and MBAM find nothing. I am able to run in Safe Mode (which I am doing now). When I first start safe mode Firefox does not attempt to use the proxy (and does not need the setting changed) IE does still require the proxy fix.

I'm hoping to avoid completely restoring the system...any advice? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users