Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP blue screen of death after windows logon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 myself123

myself123

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

Hi there

my friends xp (media center edition) machine ( fully up-to-date and security installed) has suddenly decided to stop working.

After logon gets blue screen of death and restarts , then wants to do a disk check, this process just continues in a loop

safe mode will not boot, tried last known good configuration, same happenns

then we worked out how to Disable automatic restart on system failure

so here is the info from the blue screen of death

the problem seems to be caused by the following file :LVPrcMon.sys
The driver unloaded without canceling pending operations

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow theses steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you may need.

If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D4 (0xF679B410, 0x00000002 , 0x00000000 , 0x80537402)

LVPrcMon.sys

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Many thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

http://www.file.net/process/lvprcmon.sys.html , I would uninstall whatever Logitech software/hardware installed...then reinstall same.

Louis

#3 myself123

myself123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

hi there,

i do not have any logitec peripherals, and i do not think i have any of their software, but i can not get into windows to check , many thanks for your help

Edited by myself123, 20 January 2011 - 02:05 PM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Hi myself123 -
LVPrcMon.sys file information
The process Logitech ProcMon Driver belongs to the software Logitech LVPrcMon Driver by Logitech Inc (www.logitech.com).
Description: LVPrcMon.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers.
If you think the above mentioned item is causing the problem, then there must be Logitec software installed on the computer -
Try booting from the XP CD if you have it and look for , then remove any Logitec software that is installed -

Thank You -

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Sorry, I missed that (sometimes I skip items I don't mean to skip)...

<<After logon gets blue screen of death and restarts , then wants to do a disk check, this process just continues in a loop.>>

Do you have a Genuine MS XP CD? Anytime the system does an automatic disk check...it's probably best to manually run the chkdsk /r command on that partition.

*** STOP: 0x000000D4, SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_UNLOAD.
"STOP error 0xD4 means that a driver did not cancel pending operations before unloading. STOP code 0x000000D4 may also display "SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_UNLOAD" on the same STOP message." Not very enlightening, IMO.

If you have no Logitech software/hardware installed...then I would have to guess that the file in question is not legit and is malware.

There doesn't seem to be a lot useful info obtainable here, since you cannot boot the system.

How about removing the hard drive...attaching it as a secondary to another system...and then double-checking the aforementioned file location and size, after running a couple of scans for malware on the drive? The chkdsk /r command could also be run on that drive from a second system.

Louis

#6 myself123

myself123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hi there

Many thanks for both of your help so far i will find the cd and go from there :) , thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users