Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cyberdefender

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vaughnone

vaughnone

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

I downloaded "maxmyspeed" last night and somehow got cyberdefender antivirus as well. Can't turn it off or uninstall it as well. Help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent $60 on a new antivirus and it won't install until I delete cyberdefender. THANX!!!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CyberDefender

CyberDefender

Authorized CyberDefender Representative

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

I downloaded "maxmyspeed" last night and somehow got cyberdefender antivirus as well. Can't turn it off or uninstall it as well. Help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent $60 on a new antivirus and it won't install until I delete cyberdefender. THANX!!!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Hi Vaughnone,

I'm a CyberDefender Customer Relations representative. While we are disappointed to see you go, we're posting to provide you with uninstall instructions.

Simply visit http://www.cyberdefender.com/remove and select the product you downloaded to view the software uninstall process.

Please make sure you have exited your CyberDefender programs before attempting to remove CyberDefender software. This may be accomplished most easily by right-clicking the CyberDefender blue or red "shield" icon (marked with a white "C"). We do hope however that you keep us in mind in the future when considering the protection and improvement of your digital life.

We would also like to inform readers that CyberDefender's Early Detection Center 3.0 Internet-Security Suite features comprehensive, up-to-date virus scanning and removal free of charge, and we encourage all to try it today by downloading the Early Detection Center 3.0 Anti-Virus / Anti-Spyware Internet-Security Suite for free!

Just visit http://www.cyberdefender.com/antivirus-products/antivirus-software.html for more information!

Sincerely,
The CyberDefender Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users