Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Simple Step For Site Building Please

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 metasound

metasound

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:37 AM

Please.
Im newest on web site building. Am looking for an easy way to construct a simple site with linux-apache-mySQL, but its difficult to read hundreds and hundreds of pages. I just want to learn the philosophy of those programs relation (linux-apache-mySQL ) in simple steps. Is anywhere a help guide or something else?
Thanks at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:59 AM

Are you running the server? Do you just want to create nice web pages?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 metasound

metasound
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:17 AM

Hello acklan.
I am under provider and i have dns name www.metasound.gr Also i work in flash and i made i site for a village in Greece with name www.skamia.com But i want to learn about apache server and how can i make i site with members on it.

Edited by metasound, 12 December 2005 - 03:23 AM.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:30 AM

When I started I used MS Publisher to create pages and peeked at the code till I go the hang of it. Open Office does a nice web page with the templet they have.
That wont help you with the Database, fop, or the other complex components of web publishing. It will get you up and running.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:01 PM

What information are you looking for exactly? If you want to use apache/mysql/php you will need to find a provider who uses that architecture. If you want to set it up yourself, so you are responsible for the software, you will need a dedicated server for this.

#6 metasound

metasound
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:19 AM

OK At first thanks acklan, Grinler for your interesting.
Maybe the problem is simple maybe not. I work now with html and flash web pages in simple level of course.
BUT
I want to make a site (or add to my site www.metasound.gr or www.skamia.com) with members, e-mails accounts, lists etc (not phpBB or similar software). I think its possible only with a database behind.
Maybe, the better way is the combination of Apache-PHP-mySQL. So Am looking for a fast way to do that but not read hundreds and hundreds of pages about this software.
I have a provider, for this moment (based on unix, support php and mySQL), but I like to experiment my self making f.e. my pc a dedicated server.
So, at first I install a partition with linux. After….
I am looking for simple instruction that say how can i concatenate Apache-PHP-mySQL (or any other combination) to do that.
(sorry for my English).
Thank for help again.

#7 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:18 AM

If your looking to set up a test server, try this http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
It will have everything you need in one package. If you plan on putting that server on the net, I would recommend looking at thier faq for securing the server.

#8 metasound

metasound
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:09 AM

Thanks ColdinCbus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users