Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RECYCLER

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alos_mangunsong

alos_mangunsong

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:58 AM

hi, I have a RECYCLER folder in drive C:

I think that's a virus, but i dont know to get rid off it.
can someone help me?

below is a HiJackThis.log that I just did in my comp. maybe this could be useful to get some insight of my problem. thanks

EDIT: Removed HJT log data, no indication of malware...HJT is a malware tool, not allowed/used in this forum (which is not for malware issues) ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 20 January 2011 - 07:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:10 AM

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171694 .

Louis

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:49 AM

Bottom line, it's not malware. It's supposed to be there.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hi - Please find the basic description of the folder listed below -
What is Recycler folder?
The Recycler folder is used only on NTFS partitions and is referred to as a location where all the deleted files go after they have been deleted by the user. Now you may be wondering if it contains the deleted files then why we have the Recycle Bin.
When a file is deleted it goes to the Recycle Bin but when the Recycle Bin is emptied, the files are stored in this Recycler folder. This is the reason why we can still restore the deleted data in the Windows.
Difference between Recycle Bin and Recycler
Recycle Bin stores the file that are deleted from the computer until it is emptied completely whereas the Recycler folder contains a Recycle Bin for each user that logs on to the computer.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users