Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

parallel to usb printing problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hedon2

hedon2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:34 AM

I have an Epson 386 parallel printer which is attached to two computers. One of the computers has only USB ports. I have a parallel to usb cable for that connection , which usually works fine when printing most things from the internet or when printing documents. IT WILL NOT WORK when printing PDF files and things like airline boarding passes. I get an error message from the print queue that says "document failed to print". I have installed the drivers that came with the cable and checked the ports in the control panel. Does any one have any idea what this problem may be and how to fix it?-Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

You can use print screen to take a picture of what you need to print, paste the picture in word and print it.

I dont know how to fix your problem to print normally, but this can be a helpful solution.

The Print Screen button is on your keyboard.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users