Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes randomly when i play WoW

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dumdiddly

Dumdiddly

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:23 AM

Whenever i'm playing World of Warcraft, my computer will randomly lock up, i cannot do anything but force shut-down and restart. i don't get any error codes so i really don't have a starting point. My friend says it may be corrupted files in my WoW.

any ideas on how to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brodie1600

brodie1600

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

It could be a multitude of things, ranging from your video card being unable to support the graphics settings that are being used for World of Warcraft, to the game overloading the CPU. Here's a couple things you can try.

1.) Go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ and check to see your computer passes the minimal and/or recommended settings for World of Warcraft. If it doesn't pass recommended settings, check to see which areas your system does not pass in, and reply back including those areas. If it does not pass the minimal settings, reducing game settings may solve the problem. If not, you'll need to upgrade your computer in order for World of Warcraf to run more smoothly on your machine.

2.) Open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL --> Task Manager) and click the Performance tab. Keep task manager open, and start up and login into World of Warcraft. Once logged in, ALT+Tab to Task Manager and check to see that the game isn't overloading your CPU or Physical Memory. If they are, you'll need to run the game in a lower resolution, or reduce game settings in order to prevent it from doing so.

Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users