Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing DVD Slimline drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tazzlest

Tazzlest

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

Well I have a Dell Optiplex 745 SFF PC and my friend gave me his extra DVD RW slimline dvd burner as he no longer needs it since he upgraded his HTPC to a blu ray slim line drive and I am wondering if there is a cable that can be used to convert my current power cables so that I can get this drive to work as this drive came from his Optiplex 380 SFF and has the SATA interface. (Check this link to see what I am trying to explain - http://bit.ly/hil4UV) Now my motherboard supports SATA interface, however the power cord I currently have to power my current drive is one of those mini Molex cords along with a Slimline SATA cord (see below to see the connection)

So is there a cable that I can purchase to get this drive working on my 745 or no? If so, could you please direct me to a site where I can purchase one? I thank you for any help/assistance :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  3.jpg   14.62KB   4 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   14.08KB   4 downloads

Chillin Like A Villain

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tazzlest

Tazzlest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

Bump

Can anyone assist me in my issue?

Chillin Like A Villain

#3 pachm

pachm

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

you can buy molex to sata adapters at almost all pc stores, here is one example My link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users