Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Member Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 micomp

micomp

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

Hi Bleeping Computer & Forget You, too

I have been working with and on computers for over 30 years and still do not know how to prevent these rascals from infecting my systems.

I used to build computers for the Lucas Arts Entertainment Division where they created all the software programs. This is when they first started and could justify the cost of buying single computers from a local dealer. Eventually they started buying in large quantities and didn't want to spend any money so I passed on the account. It was great fun watching them work on all the Star Wars games and the other games they produced.

Anyway I am here to try and find out why I was infected with a redirect virus on my Google search. I also am having a problem getting ComboFix to run. It seems to be blocked by some service that is running on my computer. I have been working with another website but we seem to have reached a deadend so I am waiting to start my journey here.
Hopefully we will have some fun times together.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users