Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New computer build - 'Random' Restarts occurring (no BSOD)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ericzzz

ericzzz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

I recently built a new pc and have had the problem of it restarting on me without a bsod. I have turned off the auto-restart option (or whatever it's called) to attempt to get a bsod, but still none. Specs below.

Intel i7-950 CPU w/ Noctura fan
ASUS Sabertooth X58
NVIDIA GTX470
6x2GB 1600 DDR3 Corsair RAM
Nexus 630w PSU
50GB OCZ Vertex2 SSD - Windows 7 64
1TB WD HDD

I have run memtest and checked temps and all seem to be alright. The restarts seem to happen when i click on something. For example clicking on iTunes was the most recent cause of a restart. Also, attempting to do things quickly (like quickly going through the menus/videos in starcraft 2) seems to cause the restarts also. One last thing that caused them every time was virus scanning my ssd. I uninstalled the antivirus, and the restarts kept happening anyway. I then assumed the ssd was faulty, RMA'd it, installed the new one, and the restarts still happen. Very confused on what the problem could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

You are having some serious stability issues that could probably be addressed with a BIOS update if you are not already running the most current BIOS.

Please boot to BIOS, note your BIOS version and then compare it to the most current BIOS on ASUS's website.

Do not discount the BIOS. I was having problems with an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 board and updating the BIOS completely resolved all issues.
for3ver,
goose90proof

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users