Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search redirecing, popup audio, programs not updating/uninstalling

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sdak

sdak

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

I Posted Today, 07:30 PM in the wrong forum, but..........

Please help, I'm pretty sure I have a nasty infection! I am running XP-sp2. I loaded fire fox 3.6 during the holidays. At first my internet connection slowed to a crawl, now my web browswer searches in I.E-8 and FireFox are being hijacked. If that wasn't enough, I get the occassional popup audio commercial!

I have looked on several forums for help, including this one. I have downloaded and run current versions and updates to Spybot, had just upgraded SuperAnti Spyware. I've also ran Regrun, GooredFix, Unhackme, AVGfree, and Combfix. The software isn't identifying the menis on this machine.

I have logs out of the watzoo, but don't know what I'm looking for or how to fix the problem. I'm a hardware person, limited experience with software. But I have done some registry editing before. I'm just not sure which keys to edit or delete to rid my system of the problem.

I have uninstalled/disabled AVG, Spybot, and SuperAnti.and FoxFire. I can't unstall the following: Bejeweled 2 Deluxe(free)and Microsoft Silverlight is 4095mbs in my add and remove software, can I remove it from my system?

Please help! As I stated earlier, nothing is idenifying the virus/or malware, and I can't find it. I will supply all logs run this week, just tell me where to start.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users