Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry rights - old user

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sao

sao

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

Hello

i discovered, using Regseeker clean up function
lot of keys can not be deleted cause rights are of older user that has been deleted from my PC

i've found the way to solve it manually changing rights to key and subkeys
but it's a long way to do manually on all them
there's a way to spread full controll for current user to all keys on registry ?

My PC Win XP SP3 Media center 2002

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:34 AM

1) To answer your question, yes. Using a very powerful utility (subinacl) you can do a system-wide permission change (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx). Be careful to follow all instructions and to let the script finish completely before doing anything else.

2) Registry cleaners NEVER do any good and some, like Regseeker can be very dangerous and harmful to your system. There is NEVER a need or reason to use any registry cleaner.

#3 sao

sao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

thanks a lot allan
i'll keep in mind your advice..actually it started because
trying to install a program, setup opened a window to modify o remove a previous installation of unistalled program
after i cleaned i could not install anyway because windows installer stucked
i tried to restore registry entries but something has gone missing
and now program set up end soon after beginnig installation
never mind...

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

I don't really follow your post but it's not important. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users