Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD and App crashes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jonas_U83

Jonas_U83

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

My dad is having a problem with his HP Pavilion a6330.sc pc, where it has had two BSOD and different app crashes, and i cannot figure out what is causing it.
Both of the blue screen crashes have happened while using the internet and no crashes have been experienced when playing games.
I installed a new Ati HD5670 graphic card a couple of weeks ago and the pc has been running fine up until now. I also made sure to uninstall the old Nvidia display drivers, before installing the new card and Ati drivers.
I have used WinDbg to view the crash dump file and i seems to be memory related by a driver incompatibility, but i am not sure as i am no tech expert.
I hope i can get some expert help here, to figure out what is causing these crashes.
I have attached the minidump file.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Jonas_U83

Jonas_U83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

Ok, i will try and do that, when i get to my dad's computer again.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

OK :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Jonas_U83

Jonas_U83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

Hi Broni

I have tried running the program bluescreenview, but it does not show anything. When i look at the file path it searches in, then there is no folder path or files at C:\Windows\MiniDump.
The only dump files i have, is the one included in my first post, which was located in a temp folder in users directory.
I don't know what to do know, can you not get anyhting out of the dump file i attached?

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Do you mean, there is no MiniDump folder?

Check your settings...

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel (Start>Control Panel in Vista).
2. Double-click System.
3. Click (Advanced system settings link in Vista, then --->)the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
4. Make sure, there is a checkmark in Write an event to the system log.
5. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k) (128K in Windows 7).

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 Bill253

Bill253

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

Could it be something as simple as the new video card trying to suck too much power from the power supply?

How many watts is the power supply rated for? Any idea of the brand/model?

Do I understand correctly that the problems started shortly after installation of the Ati HD5670 graphic card?

Best Regards,
Bill253

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users