Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mfuserv.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MrCrash

MrCrash

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:16 PM

When I logon to Earthlink Total Access I get an error "Error in TA Authorization". The description reads " Please check the SharedAuth Value in the Registry to make sure MfuServ.dll is available. There is no MfuServ.dll in the registry.

I don't have a clue what MfuServ.dll is and neither does Earthlink. I've run an sfc /scannow on the system is all seems well. I also done a repair on the Operation System (Microsoft XL) and still have the problem.

Does anyone have a clue what this dll is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:10 AM

Welcome to BC.

Are you using multiple anti virus, softwares, adwares, fire walls...?

If you googled the MfuServ.dll you would have found this...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...pic=16625&st=15

At the beginning of the thread it is explained that they have the same error, in their last post they explained how they resolved the issue..."I deleted Symantec Norton Anti Spyware & now my Microsoft AntiSpyware updates."

They were using the Norton anti spyware and the M$ anti spyware at the same time, this caused a conflict resulting in the error message. This is why I was asking if you are using more than one of any of the previously mentioned softwares.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 kleblanc

kleblanc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:58 AM

I actually have the same issue on a customer's pc. The post that you reference is not the same problem. His issue was with MS Antispyware not updating and at some point it started a download that referenced two dll's. My customer is not using two antivirus programs. The issue is related to Earthlink's Total access. When you try to connect through dial up everything works fine. Then a dialog box opens that says:
"Error in TA authorization"

After clicking it to close, the next dialog says:

"Please check SharedAuth value in Registry to make sure MfuServ.dll available"

This then closes and the internet connection works fine, (at least in this case). I have been able to find no info on this error or this dll in any of the tech boards I belong to. Not sure if it has been around long enough to have a solution yet.

KLeBlanc
www.mobilepcdoctor.com

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:03 AM

MfuServ.dll

Component Name: MfuServ.dll

Description of MfuServ.dll
This is a component of Earthlink TotalAccess. Earthlink TotalAccess is an Internet Service Provider that secures a connection for browsing and other online activities. The software comes with blocking tools that provides added security and elevated protection.

Recommendation for MfuServ.dll

Trusted: Yes
Trojan: No
Chronic: No
Adware: No
Carrier: No
Browser Hijacker: No
Dialer: No
Commercial Keylogger: No
Remote Administration Tool: No
Suspected: No

Company Name: EarthLink, Inc
Platforms Affected:
Methods of Distribution: This program can be downloaded from the vendor's website for free.
Variants/Versions:
Release Date: 2005

http://www.fbmsoftware.com/spyware-net/pro...uServ_dll/2751/

If you cannot find it on Earthlink's site call their support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users