Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loud Alarm on Toshiba Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Japanedwards

Japanedwards

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

Hi all. After 2 years of no complaints with my Toshiba P305D-S8819 Satellite laptop a sudden piercing alarm has started ocurring at power up. The system runs Vista 32 bit OS. I have checked other on-line help for the same problem but they don`t seem to be having the same problem as I am having.

The first time it happened, I pushed the power button and the computer started its sequence and then after the bios check the piercing alarm went off. After a brief period it went off and the system booted up without any problems. I looked to see if I could find a solution on the net and in the trouble shooting area of the Toshiba user manual but nothing seemed to fit the problem.

After using the computer the rest of the day without problem, I shutdown as usual without any problems. The next day however, when I attempted to power up at work, the same alarm went off again. This time it wouldn`t stop. I powered off and tried powering on again with the same results.

I again got on the internet on a different work PC and researched the issue. Since then, I have done the following:

1. Removed and air-sprayed the battery and the connectors.
2. Removed and air-sprayed the HD.
3. Removed and air-sprayed the RAM (both sticks).

I tried once more and still the same problem, the high piercing alarm non-stop without any boot-up.

My feeling is that the HD has failed, but not sure at this point. If it is the HD, there were no warning signs of failure. It just happened in that two day span.

Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

Edited by Budapest, 18 January 2011 - 08:02 PM.
Moved from Intros ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Check your user's manual, I believe this is a low battery alarm.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users