Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:24 PM
I got a security alert saying my laptop had been infected with various viruses and malwares. Now laptop (HP Pavilion) will not boot up.
1. Popups appeared indicating for me to download the FAKE antivirus/spyware. (I clicked cancel many times)
2. Ran SUPERAntiSpyware
The virus did not allow:
3. Task Program to run
5. The running of any other programs, including Hijackthis
6. I could not stop SUPERAntiSpyware from running so that a restart in SAFE MODE could occur
7. Removed the battery, attempted to restart in SAFE MODE by pressing F8 continuously, on screen appeared selections: Safe Mode selected
8. Windows XP selected for Operating System
9 Then the BLACK SCREEN - with CPU running at full throttle (fan running at highest speed)
10. Will not boot up in any mode, including Normal boot up
When I interrupted SUPERAntiSpyware by pulling the plug, could that be the reason Safe Mode will not boot up, or is the issue due to the FAKE Antivirus infection?
What can I do to boot up in SAFE Mode so I could delete the FAKE Antivirus infection?
I sure do appreciate any inputs that can be offered.
Many thanks in advance,