Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:18 PM
Hi. I have a brand new laptop (HP Envy 17) with Windows 7 Home Premium. Sometimes, when I come out of Hibernation mode (especially a long-duration Hibernation), I get a black screen that does not go away without me putting the computer into Sleep mode first. The sequence of events goes like this:
1. The "HP" logo appears after I hit the power switch to turn on the computer.
2. The message "Resuming Windows" appears.
3. A black screen appears briefly with a blinking cursor in the upper-left hand corner.
4. The screen goes completely black (a "truer" black than the one from step 3).
5. I can get rid of this black screen by shutting the lid of my laptop (which sends it into Sleep mode), and then lifting the lid again...in this case the screen appears which allows me to click my username to access the desktop.
NOTE: When coming out of Hibernation, there are times when the black screen from step 4 lasts only a few seconds...but the fact that sometimes it lasts permanently (without my intervention) bothers me.
Can someone please help me resolve this?