Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Critical Error message and restart loop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bprid

bprid

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

Good Afternoon,

So Im fairly adept with computers but I cant seem to solve this problem.

On my VAIO FZN, there seems to be a virus which has taken control of my computer, most likely some sort of rootkit. When the computer starts

it says "You are about to be logged off - Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now."

after about 3-5minutes. BUT the catch is that this only occurs when the computer has the front LAN switch turned on. when this switch is off it works fine except for that I cant connect to the internet. I have run multiple AV programs which have removed some viruses but obviously not the main problem.
I have also run Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 from my flashdrive which was successful in its scan but since the computer cant get online it wont run the full program (to update), at least I dont think it has.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions,

Thanks so much,
Blake

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users