Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstalled XP - Need Drivers to get online...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shelby Smith

Shelby Smith

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

I recently had a virus and needed to start clean.... I wiped out everything! So I installed Windows XP Pro again. I am not too computer savy and I'm sure this could be an easy fix.

Unfortunately, I donít have any start up discs and I donít even know what I'm missing or needing to get back online. I've never started this "clean" before.

Can somebody just refer me to a place to get what I need to get back online or helpful links?

Thank you so any help you might have

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:32 PM

First go to the computer manufacturer's website (or motherboard mfg) and download and install the chipset driver.

After that, go to the manufacturers' websites for your video, sound, and - if applicable, ethernet cards and download and install the current drivers.

If you are not sure what is installed you can either look in device manager or download and run Belarc Advisor (or any similar utility). Here's the link for Belarc: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

#3 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

If you can't get online in "Normal Mode" try pressing F8 continuosly on boot and try "Safe Mode with Networking" then try what Allan has suggested !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

If you can't get online in "Normal Mode" try pressing F8 continuosly on boot and try "Safe Mode with Networking" then try what Allan has suggested !

Since he or she is posting here I'm guessing it's not that big an issue :). They can always download the drivers on another system and transfer them to the system in question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users