Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0xc00000005 ( A.K.A. Blue Error of doom)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Marthin Vess

Marthin Vess

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:53 AM

SO, last few months since ~october, november I have been experiencing the Blue Error. For example, I am watching Simpsons , and suddenly sound freezes in one spot, and then it shows the blue error. The text is about the 0xc00000005, fatal exception bla bla bla. And it happens doing many things, not only one, like watching videos. Also, my firefox lately crashesALOT and my flash plugin keeps crashing too. I have removed any software I had downloaded since then, if someone wants to know.

Can anyone give me any idea what to do?

Thanks,
Marthin.

P.S. Please, don't post any options how to fix it paying for something, not really big on cash :/

Edited by Marthin Vess, 18 January 2011 - 07:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

Please download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Marthin Vess

Marthin Vess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:04 AM

Weird, but no errors are shown? :/

I will check later, when I will get any!

Thanks,
Marthin.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:21 AM

If you've had any blue screen (BSOD) this should have shown them.

These should look similar to the one below.

Posted Image

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 fu3l

fu3l

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:25 AM

You also want to check a few other things such as memory and hard disk errors. For hard disk errors go to My Computer, Right Click, Manage, then Event logs. Look in the System event logs for disk errors. Also you may want to check the memory in your computer, you can do this by creating a boot disk to scan for memory errors. use Windiag to check your memory, you can download the files needed at http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp . You also want to make sure that your CPU is not overheating, download Speed fan at http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php and make sure your temp is below 60 degrees Celsius. And this could be a driver issue. How long have you been having this issue? And did you install and new software or hardware about the time you started getting blue screens?

Hope this helps

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,675 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:26 AM

The text is about the 0xc00000005, fatal exception bla bla bla.

If the bsod errors are not being recorded you need to copy the exact message and post it here (not "bla bla bla") next time it occurs.

#7 Marthin Vess

Marthin Vess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

Sorry for not answering. The blue screen is excatly the same as the one in dc3's post. About the IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_EQUAL Except the codes are about 0xc0000005, 0xc000000 0x0000000, and these ones. I have removed all newly installed software and hardware, yet the same happens. My speed fan is new and good, not overheating. I'll try your options.I have been having issue for two months now. I have used Registry Easy and AVG PC-tuneup and they found alot of registry errors, junk errors, disk fragmentation, and things like that, so I fixed them all and I do a fix everyday, yet this happens

Edited by Marthin Vess, 27 January 2011 - 03:15 PM.

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,675 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

1) Using registry cleaners CAUSES problems, they do not fix them. You should NEVER use a registry cleaner.

2) In that blue screen error, is there a file mentioned?

#9 Marthin Vess

Marthin Vess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

Yes, but all of them are diffrent. It isn't one constant thing.

#10 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,675 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

Okay - it would be very helpful to know which files are named.

#11 Marthin Vess

Marthin Vess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

When next I will get the error, I will memorize the file and will tell you. Thanks for your patience and time,

Marthin

#12 Marthin Vess

Marthin Vess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

I'm using the blue screen viewer, but yet I cannot find any scan button, so I can't really tell. If I would use a scan button, I'm sure it would find errors and I could help more. Altough I see there is some place from where it takes the errors ( Called MINIDUMP) in the windows folder, yet I checked but there wasnt such one, maybe they are putted somewhere else?

Edited by Marthin Vess, 27 January 2011 - 03:23 PM.

#13 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,675 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

When next I will get the error, I will memorize the file and will tell you. Thanks for your patience and time,

Marthin

That's fine, we'll be here :)

#14 Marthin Vess

Marthin Vess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

So I just had the error again, but this time, it said BAD_POOL_DATA, not the usual IRQL. And there wasnt any file attached. Any idea what to do? And now when I restarted my computer it started checking my disk?..

#15 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,675 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Okay, autocheck is running because it detects a dirty bit on your drive. Unfortunately, autocheck does not run with the repair option enabled so it will now run on every boot (don't ask, I don't know - it makes absolutely no sense). Do you only have the one drive / partition (c: drive)? If so, boot to the XP CD and choose the first repair option - that will take you to the the recovery console. Once there, run chkdsk /r
Let it run to completion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users