Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway Laptop with Windows 7 does not recognize battery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GoPwr

GoPwr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

I have a Gateway NV52 series laptop (1 1/2 years old) running Windows 7. The battery stopped charging so I bought a new one. Ever since, there is no battery meter. I downloaded a battery meter program, it does not see the battery. Contacted Gateway, they said to update the advanced tab in bios...there is no advanced tab in my bios. then they said restore it to factory settings (this will take me forever to get things reloaded...mostly due to rhapsody music library and other info in media files).

I've looked everywhere in the control panel and I simply have no battery options / profiles (only plugged in as it thinks there is no battery installed) - even when I am running it on the battery.

Has anyone seen this or perhaps offer any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 w7pro

w7pro

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

I know that on my Windows 7 system, there's an option for reconfiguring your power management under hardware and sound in the control panel. Hopefully, it's something that can be solved that way and not a hardware issue which would be much more complicated.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users