Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

palladium virus

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 1harley

1harley

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

I've been reading all of the ways to remove it but it wont let me in task manager. Can someone help me. Thanks

Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

I can't get into task Manager. Palladium virus wont let me. Can someone offer advice

Edited by hamluis, 18 January 2011 - 09:38 AM.
Merged separate posts, same topic.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tech-Moron

Tech-Moron

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

I've just (hopefully) fixed this on my laptop. I just did a system restore. Go to control panel, system and security, backup and restore then follow the instructions. I didn't even have to do it in safe mode. When the restore was complete I got a message saying it didn't work properly, but all the symptoms of palladium appear to have gone.

#3 1harley

1harley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Cannot get task Manager to open even in safe mode because of palladium pro virus. Can anyone suggest what to do because I understand you have to start in task manager 1st to remove. I've tried everything

Edited by hamluis, 17 January 2011 - 08:11 PM.
Moved from Win 7 forum to Am I Infected.

#4 rv3572

rv3572

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:02 AM

I had to re-start the computer in safe mode w/networking then access task manager to stop the process. I then searched the hard drive for palladium.exe and deleted that file. After restarting the computer normally, I ran a virus scan which found several other files and removed them. Computer seems to be operating ok, fingers crossed, for now!!

#5 JJCDN

JJCDN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

I have the same problem. I start in safe mode with networking and Palladium opens immediately. CTRL-ALT-DEL for task manager brings up the screen, but when I select "task manager" it closes and goes back to the Palladium screen. The only button that can be selected is to do a system scan. Once the scan is done, the only button that can be selected is to purchase the software. Pretty frustrating.

#6 Bigdawg43078

Bigdawg43078

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Has anyone tried to open there computer just in safe mode? then going to the root keys and removing them? then running a anti malware program. in safe mode you should be able to load all malware programs end execute them in safe mode! Not sure have not ran into this virus yet with customers computers!

#7 seitler

seitler

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

I just recently had this one. I did a search of files on computer and deleted what I could. It wouldn't let me delete some because it was running in the background. Then I updated and ran my Malawarebytes and it found 4 things and that enabled me to delete the last file under this name. I don't think my computer is completely clean yet but that at least enabled me to use my task manager and get onto the internet. Which is why I am here now.

#8 Pirate Gonzo

Pirate Gonzo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:47 AM

Has anyone come up for an answer on this? Palladium will not allow any action. You cannot start the task manager, even in safe mode Palladium beats you to the punch.

#9 Pirate Gonzo

Pirate Gonzo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

For those who are having issues getting the Task Manager started.

I started in Safe Mode with Command Prompt which is the only place I haven't had Palladium start. From there I was able to get the Task Manager to start. I then started explorer.exe. I then used ccleaner to stop all start up processes. Now I just downloaded Malwarebytes and installed it (via flash drive). Even though my Malwarebytes is 29 days outdated and I can't update it because of being in safe mode it still pulled 1060 infected files which has to be a record for me.

I will update my progress as I go on.

UPDATE:

I rebooted and Windows came up normally. I reran Malwarebytes and came up with 6 more objects including Palladium and Personal Internet Security 2011. I am not sure if the Personal Internet Security 2011 is also part of the Palladium or if this person had multiple virus' on their pc.

Files Infected:
c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\microsoft\Windows\temporary internet files\Low\Content.IE5\DC2UDDT7\antispywaresetup[1].exe (Rogue.Palladium) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\lmkepm107_302[1].exe (Rogue.PersonalInternetSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\personal internet security 2011.lnk (Rogue.PersonalInternetSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\start menu\personal internet security 2011.lnk (Rogue.PersonalInternetSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\asdfasfas.bat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\personal internet security 2011\instructions.ini (Rogue.PersonalInternetSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I am running Malwarebytes again and will post if anything else is found.

Edited by Pirate Gonzo, 19 January 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#10 cindy4866

cindy4866

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

I have tried so many things and can't get rid of this. I have tried restarting my computer in every mode and Palladium is always running and open and I can't get to anything but my Task Manager. I can stop processes and get the Palladium box to disappear but then all I get is a black screen. I can't find the file to delete it, can't get anything else to run by typing in the Command Prompt box, all the Command Prompt box does is flash when I try to get something to run. Any other suggestions? Help!!!

I do believe who ever created this virus should be used 8 hrs a day for experimental colonoscopy procedures!

#11 Pirate Gonzo

Pirate Gonzo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

Once you stop the process in your task manager can you click "file" in the task manager, "New Task", and then type explorer.exe?

#12 cindy4866

cindy4866

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Yes but then when I click OK the box just flickers and nothing run or displays.

#13 cindy4866

cindy4866

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

Ok I did finally get to my desktop. I just had to click something about starting the task with administrative privileges. Norton isn't finding anything though.

#14 Pirate Gonzo

Pirate Gonzo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

You will have to download and run Malwarebytes. Also you will want to stop your start up processes. You can either do it by going start, run, msconfig or you can download ccleaner. Once you run Malwarebytes and stop the start up processes you can reboot normally, update Malwarebytes and run it again.

EDIT: you will want to run Malwarebytes on full scan over and over till you come up clean.

Edited by Pirate Gonzo, 20 January 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#15 cindy4866

cindy4866

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

Thanks for all your help!!! So glad I found this board!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users