Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

karaoke

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bobbies

bobbies

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

I run my karaoke with a loptop and run it with Win Amp. The he last couple of times, after a couple of hours the words on the screen and the audio were both skiping. I don't know if it is win amps fault. I am in Spain and wonder if it is overheating. If it is over heating is there anyway i can rectify this prob. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

I don't know. If it was overheating I'd expect the system to lock up.

If you suspect overheating you should open up your computer and use a can of compressed air to blow out the dust bunnies that have almost certainly accumulated around your processor and in other odd corners of your motherboard, but that can be a problem with a laptop. Do the vents seem clear? Are there any panels that you can remove in the vicinity of the processor, memory or hard disk? Maybe you can (carefully!) angle the "straw" from the compressed air in that way.

Have you added/upgraded any hardware to your system recently or made any other changes that make you think overheating is a problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users