Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clock Gone

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:31 PM

The clock is not displaying in the task bar, despite the settings in control panel?!? :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:43 PM

Try right clicking the Taskbar. Check the "Show Clock".
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:03 PM

Hi and Thanks.
I do have that checked. Also if I tap the customize button, the are no references to clock under current or past items. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:59 PM

Have you done a viruses scan? There has been a viruses going around that is deleting computer clocks.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 18 December 2005 - 06:03 PM

There has been a viruses going around that is deleting computer clocks.

Now thats just too strange, to be fiction. I can just see it now, a group of hackers sitting around saying "Hmmmm What can we do to be noticed now... Yeah, Yeah We'll write scripts to delete sys tray clocks. That will get us noticed." :thumbsup:

Be (Timewarp) Safe

Da Bleeping Advisor, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:02 PM

I have scanned, disabled any 3rd party skins, reset the windows display faults.
Does someone know the name of the process in task mgr? Maybe I can see if it exists or the file name.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

The Clock is back, it's fixed. Here's the solution but I don't understand it.

As you se this post was started Dec 5/05. I was unable to figure where the clock went. It had shown up momentarly between then and yesterday. 2 or 3 times and only for 10 or 15 minutes or so. Anyway I ran my weekly scans tthis morning. Spybot showed this.....

Zonemap.Ranges: User settings (Registry value, fixed)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4129971362-1158673342-1240813197-1005\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges\Range9\:Range

...It fixed it and required to finish on reboot. After the reboot scan it showed it and I seleted fix. Spybot finished the boot finshed and I saw my CLOCK come back.
Does any one know what this is as it appears to be a FIX ?
Google scans show some Sophos and Trend micro responses. They imply a trojan but then why wasn't it picked up on earlier scans. I've run all the scans at least 6 times in the past 6 weeks.

Googled this "Zonemap.Ranges" and got these

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Zonem...G=Google+Search

Googled this " Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges\Range9\:Range " and go this

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=S...nge&btnG=Search

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:01 PM

The Clock is back, it's fixed. Here's the solution but I don't understand it.

As you se this post was started Dec 5/05. I was unable to figure where the clock went.

boopme,

Not that what I'm about to say, will help you comprehend or come to accept as an answer from the cosmos.
But sometimes with these newfangled electronic gizmos. Ya just takes what they give you and leave it at that. And don't try and figger it out. :inlove: :thumbsup: :flowers:

Be (Unquestioning) Safe :trumpet:

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:21 PM

Thanks Animal :thumbsup:
I do take what they give me and am very thankful when they do!
Just that while I was searching a fix,I came across a lot of people with the glitch. I was hoping to be able to pass along the cure. Just not sure if it was one.
I was even thinking it was a blessing of the gods for sacrificing those two spammers at the BBQ :flowers:
Count on an invite !!
Being BBQ safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users