Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alureon-FZ infection?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 congokid

congokid

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hello.

I posted last May about Antispyware Soft infection and Google redirect hijack on my laptop (Dell XPS M1210 running Microsoft Windows XP and Avast virus protection).

I think I solved those issues, for which many thanks to OrangeBlosson, but shortly afterward another problem arose that seemed to change the laptop's display settings. Around then it stopped connecting to my home wifi network, which was fine for my other computers, though for a few weeks I was able to restore the connection and get intermittent internet access by tinkering with the display settings.

Eventually the laptop's connection dropped permanently and no amount of tinkering could fix it, so I put it aside. However, today I had another look at the machine.

Since May I've changed ISP and have a different modem and my desktop and other laptops connect easily with no problems. On powering up the Dell it was also able to find and connect with the new wifi network. The SuperAntiSpyware programme on the machine updated and went into a system scan, finding Alureon-FZ, which was deleted, according to the on screen messages.

However, the internet connection was short lived and has again dropped, although there no longer appears to be any infection.

Time for Combofix or some other solution?

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by congokid, 17 January 2011 - 01:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users