Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

newbie needs help w/ music files and organiztion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 corwinaxis

corwinaxis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

Hi, I have downloaded some amazing mp3s mostly converted from youtube, but even though they go to "my documents', I have zero experience working with the organization of music into playlists, songs I'd like compiled together, whole cd's by same artist etc. I have been trying with WMP as it is supposed to be much simpler than winamp or VLC, but even though I've gotten some songs into WMP, it's not in any order I'd like. I could really use some help in understanding a simplistic way to organize music. For instance, I read the WMP help page. It says open one playlist, then another, then drag and drop.
But I cannot open two files in WMP, I don't know how. If you are kind enough to direct me, I'd be most grateful. I'm sure there is a forum here for this but thought I'd put it out just in case. Also, on the same topic, it says to write 'metatags about each song. I don't have time for that, I have a couple of thousand songs and can't devote that much time to them. Having a Stones playlist, a Zep list, a Reggae list, a jazz list would be wonderful.
I also downloaded my first video from youtube yesterday, Radiohead mp4, it went straight to playlist, I've tried putting it in the video file but it won't let me or I don't know how. Any help is generously apprecieated. Thank you...
corwinaxis

Edited by boopme, 17 January 2011 - 02:31 PM.
Moved to Audio and Video

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

Without tagging your songs, it's going to be hard to accomplish any kind of organization.
Once tagged, you can use a music manager, such as MediaMonkey, to sort by artist, album, rating, genre, year, etc.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users