Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound is not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 catherine182

catherine182

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

I have an Xplio monitor with the speakers built into it. My computer recently was moved and when my dad set it up again, the sound stopped working. I looked in the sound,speech and audio devices in categories and apparently there are no audio devices hooked up to the computer. I looked on the back and the green plug is plugged into the right spot. I dont know what to do, please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Hello Catherine and sorry for the delay

Whats the make/model of the system?

Since the issue occured after the system was moved it leads me to think that the speaker wire is not plugged in correctly. Make sure that on the back of the computer the plug goes green to green. I know you already said that but double check. Check it on the monitor side as well. Test to make sure that the connections are good and solid.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 catherine182

catherine182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

I've checked and double checked that everything is plugged in properly. I'm not sure what the make for the monitor is, but the tower is a compaq presario, running on windows xp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users