Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Punkbuster's Gettin On My Nerves...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:07 PM

I just recently d/l'd AA:SF and after completing ALL of the training (whew), I went to go play online... Well, after updating punkbuster (which took a good 10 mins), the !#$)!*&#% thing still won't let me play. :thumbsup: It keeps saying that I have "Inadequate O/S Privileges." Somebody who has any idea what that is supposed to mean, can you please help?

Also, the same thing happened to me with Wolfenstein: Enemy Terretory, but I don't remember how I got past that.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:06 PM

"Inadequate O/S privileges" sounds like something dealing with your operating system... I've never run into that problem before, and i've played online with both of those games.

Are you the admin of your box? What os are you running, and does it give you any extra info?

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:43 PM

Punkbuster needs to be able to scan your computer for cheating-programs and something is stopping it. There are three possibilities:

1. Your running as a limited user. Either play logged in on a account with admin rights or run the game with admin rights by right-clicking on it and selecting Run As...

2. You have a security program blocking it, like Process Guard. There are also Anti-virus and firewalls that do this.

3. You've got some nasty spyware infection, like VX2, that is messing with your computer trying to hide.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:29 PM

there is only one user profile on this comp and i know its definetely not a limited user. i am trying to get some help over at hijack this, but i cannot continue any further since i need to constantly restart the computer and my parents are refusing to lift the password. i guess i'm just gonna have to find some servers w/o PB enabled. life is so unfair at times... dont you agree?

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:45 AM

As my grandpa used to say: When life bites you in the ass is a good time to experience involuntary bowl movement. :thumbsup:
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#6 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:21 PM

As my grandpa used to say: When life bites you in the ass is a good time to experience involuntary bowl movement. :thumbsup:

.......baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad picture..... :flowers:

Anyway, i'd hate to play on non PB servers. Cheaters are bad enough when they figure out how to get AROUND PB, so i couldn't image the crap you'd get in non-secure servers...

#7 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:07 PM

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?p=584481

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users