Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lines On Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MistaNewbCakes

MistaNewbCakes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

im not sure and just wanted a second opinion b4 i bother to fix up this old pc that i have. but recently, this strange lines started to appear on the screen. if i just restart the pc they stay. if i shut it down completely then turn it back on, they're gone. they only appear when i try to load lotro(MMO), once into the game - everything goes crazy and i have to shut the pc down.

i have tried to reinstall the graphic drivers but it didn't help any. so the only thing i can guess that the issue is, that the graphic card is just going/gone bad. this pc is old - and im only really using it for basic internet use, play the game online and sometimes for work but that often. i dont think its really worth replacing the graphic card if thats the issue since i still have newer more up to date pc. but before i just trash this old thing, i was hoping for second opinions, if it might be something within the os that can be fix without having to replace anything or if my assumptions are right and my only option is to get a new graphic card?
i would like to save this pc, it runs my game pretty good even though it is a old model. and i really dont want to start using the other pc for gaming.

heres the complete info about the pc via speccy.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/05bhRSCW1ZTeOtLMMpG7bGy

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 16 January 2011 - 11:43 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

Hi,

Hmm well that sure seems like it is a graphics issue, especially if you say when you shut down and restart that the issue disappears until you try to start a game. Since you say you have tried to reinstall the graphics drivers then I would be inclined to think that the card is most likely toast.

But just in case I would make sure to shut down the computer, then unplug it, open the side of the case, be sure to ground your self to the case before touching any components in the computer, then see if there is any dust on the inside of the computer, paying close attention to the graphics board to see if any dust might be causing the card to over heat. If there is any dust then use a can of dry air to blow it out then reassemble it all and see if it continues to have the issue. If the issue continues then the card is most likely gone bad. :)

Edited by computerxpds, 16 January 2011 - 11:06 AM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users