Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persistent Browser Hijacker

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Evilsatan

Evilsatan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

I am having huge problems with this XP machine. Ran malwarebytes which removed 21 files, then installed and ran Security Essentials which was clean, ran Spybot which removed some more files but still if I search in google (using IE, Firefox or Chrome) and click a result, the browser is redirected to other pages. If I copy the URL then navigate to it from the address bar the correct page will load. This eventually leads to Disk OK or similar malware trying to install.

I ran HijackThis, looked up any suspicious files and removed. The Nameserver entry looks suspicious to me. Any help much appreciated!

Attached Files

Edited by Evilsatan, 16 January 2011 - 07:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

Download DDS by sUBs and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your Desktop and post them in your next reply

We need to scan for Rootkits with GMER
  • Please download GMER from one of the following locations, and save it to your desktop:
    • Main Mirror
      This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
    • Zip Mirror
      This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
  • Close any and all open programs, as this process may crash your computer.
  • Double click Posted Image or Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • You may see this window. If you do, click No.
    Posted Image
  • Click on Posted Image and wait for the scan to finish.
  • If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • Push Posted Image and save the logfile to your desktop.
  • Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.

Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Posted Image Posted Image
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users