Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help remove virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 neveragai

neveragai

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:10 AM

Hi everyone.

I have a compaq presario CQ60. I think i have a virus ake BankerFoxA and not able to remove it. it doesn't come with CD boot disk either. The virus blocks all the access on my computer ( system restore, install new program, open the programs ). I was able to run a scan through malwarebytes in safe mode. the pop-ups now has stopped but i'm still not able to open or install any program yet. Looking forward to your advices.

thanks

Attached Files

Edited by Blade Zephon, 16 January 2011 - 03:44 AM.
Moved from Vista to AII. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

Your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log indicates you are using an outdated database version.
The database shows 5363. Last I checked it was 5533.

Please update it through the program's interface <- preferable method. If malware is blocking you from doing that, then manually download the database definitions from one of the following locations (they may not be the most current) and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install:Then perform a new Quick Scan in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in safe or normal mode will work but removal functions are not as powerful in safe mode. Why? MBAM is designed to be at full power when malware is running so safe mode is not necessary when using it. In fact, MBAM loses some effectiveness for detection & removal when used in safe mode because the program includes a special driver which does not work in safe mode. Further, scanning in safe mode prevents some types of malware from running so it may be missed during the detection process. For optimal removal, normal mode is recommended so it does not limit the abilities of MBAM. Doing a safe mode scan should only be done when a regular mode scan fails or you cannot boot up normally.

Please download Norman Malware Cleaner and save to your desktop.
alternate download link
If you previously used Norman, delete that version and download it again as the tool is frequently updated!
  • Be sure to read all the information Norman provides on that same page.
  • Double-click on Norman_Malware_Cleaner.exe to start. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    The tool is very slow to load as it uses a special driver. This is normal so please be patient.
  • Read the End User License Agreement and click the Accept button to open the scanning window.
  • Click Start Scan to begin.
  • In some cases Norman Malware Cleaner may require that you restart the computer to completely remove an infection. If prompted, reboot to ensure that all infections are removed.
  • After the scan has finished, a log file a log file named NFix_date_time (i.e. NFix_2009-06-22_07-08-56.log) will be created on your desktop with the results.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
-- Note: If you need to scan a usb flash drives or other removable drives not listed, use the Add button to browse to the drives location, click on the drive to highlight and choose Ok.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users