Your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log indicates you are using an outdated database version
The database shows 5363
. Last I checked it was 5533
Please update it through the program's interface <- preferable method
. If malware is blocking you from doing that, then manually download the database definitions from one of the following locations (they may not be the most current
) and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
Then perform a new Quick Scan
in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally
will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.IMPORTANT NOTE
: Scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in safe or normal mode will work but removal functions are not as powerful in safe mode
MBAM is designed to be at full power when malware is running so safe mode is not necessary when using it. In fact, MBAM loses some effectiveness
for detection & removal when used in safe mode because the program includes a special driver which does not work in safe mode. Further, scanning in safe mode prevents some types of malware from running so it may be missed during the detection process. For optimal removal, normal mode is recommended
so it does not limit the abilities of MBAM. Doing a safe mode scan should only
be done when a regular mode scan fails or you cannot boot up normally.
Please download Norman Malware Cleaner
and save to your desktop.alternate download linkIf you previously used Norman, delete that version and download it again as the tool is frequently updated!
-- Note: If you need to scan a usb flash drives or other removable drives not listed, use the Add button to browse to the drives location, click on the drive to highlight and choose Ok.
- Be sure to read all the information Norman provides on that same page.
- Double-click on Norman_Malware_Cleaner.exe to start. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
The tool is very slow to load as it uses a special driver. This is normal so please be patient.
- Read the End User License Agreement and click the Accept button to open the scanning window.
- Click Start Scan to begin.
- In some cases Norman Malware Cleaner may require that you restart the computer to completely remove an infection. If prompted, reboot to ensure that all infections are removed.
- After the scan has finished, a log file a log file named NFix_date_time (i.e. NFix_2009-06-22_07-08-56.log) will be created on your desktop with the results.
- Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.