Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 louforlife

louforlife

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

After getting rid of a virus that caused pop ups, I am no longer able to access the web via windows explorer. I have windows XP. The message I get when trying to log on says: Windows cannot connect to the Internet using HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP. This is probably caused by firewall settings on this computer. Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port (80) HTTPS port (443) and FTP port (21).

Edited by Blade Zephon, 16 January 2011 - 02:11 PM.
Moved from XP to AII. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Misaki

Misaki

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Hi,

Windows cannot connect to the Internet using HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP. This is probably caused by firewall settings on this computer. Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port (80) HTTPS port (443) and FTP port (21).

• Open Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings.
  • Uncheck the box next to "Use proxy...."
  • Alternatively, Go to Start > Run > CMD > OK.
  • A DOS window will appear (black box).
  • Type in the following (what's between the quotes), "netsh winsock reset".
  • Press the 'Enter' key.
  • Reboot your system to complete the process.
Credits to: boopme

Misaki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users