Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fujitsu Siemens V5535 - Clean Install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seunthegreat

seunthegreat

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hi, i am looking for a recovery disk for my Fujitsu Siemens V5535 Laptop. I would like to restore it back to factory settings as its full of viruses and the original disk that came with the laptop has been damaged. I currently have windows vista home basic service pack 1 installed, and i also have a copy of the drivers and utilities disk that came with it.

Thanks for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

It all depends, if you have recovery partition, or not.
Go Start and in "Start search" type in:
diskmgmt.msc
A window similar to this will open:

Posted Image

On my screenshot, you can see two partitions listed, C and D (recovery).
How many partitions do you have?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 1002 Richard S

1002 Richard S

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:22 AM

If you don't have the Recovery Partition as shown by Broni, try contacting Fujitsu Siemens and asking for another copy of the disc that's got damaged. When my son was unable to burn the recommended recovery discs for his Fujitsu laptop, they sent a full set for free.

Richard

Edited by 1002 Richard S, 02 February 2011 - 12:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users