Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pEaDl06511.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amacdeeeee

amacdeeeee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

Comodo (Firewall + AV system) told me that the program pEaDl06511.exe was trying to access the internet today while I was surfing. I found the program and deleted it and then tried to search for the file on Google but found no reference to it at all.

Does anyone know if this is a virus/trojan or is it just a file related to streaming software ?

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by hamluis, 15 January 2011 - 05:32 PM.
Moved from Breaking News to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Judicandus

Judicandus

Bleepin' Pasta

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hi Andrew,

It is difficult to know whether a file is infected or not just from it's name. There are several system filenames that are used by viruses. Some use random names (which seems to be this case).
In any case, you can always try and do a search in htttp://www.systemlookup.com to see if the filename has already been categorized. Some entries might be a virus and also a legitimate file.

When you're not sure whether a file is infected or not, you can always try websites such as:

http://www.virustotal.com
http://virusscan.jotti.org/

They will scan the file with dozens of antivirus engines and will tell you their results, from which you can understand whether the file is really infected or not :)

Edited by Judicandus, 15 January 2011 - 08:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users