Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hyperlinks No Longer Open Correctly in Third Party Applications

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blackchaos93

blackchaos93

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Whenever I try to open a hyper link in Third Party Applications such as AIM, MSN, Skype, or mIRC, they open up in Google Chrome, but add "ChromeHTML/Shell/Open/Command" to the hyper links. The issue doesn't stop me from opening links, since I can just copy/paste the link and go to it, but it certainly is annoying.

I've already tried installing and uninstalling Google Chrome. When I do so, trying to open links in things like Word gives me an error that no program is registered to open the link. Any ideas for a fix?
I hate my life :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hi,

I almost wonder if this is an issue with the system in windows that handles the default browser setting. Open up internet explorer and set it as the default browser and then test the links, if you need help setting it as the default browser then see here: http://www.ehow.com/how_2033267_set-internet-explorer.html

Let me know what happens. :)
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 blackchaos93

blackchaos93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

I set IE as the default and then tried a link. It ended up opening in Google Chrome anyway (strangely, and yes, I'm sure IE is set as the default browser). It still gives me the same error.
I hate my life :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users